The CGM Group is fully committed to the efficient use of energy in all of our activities. We believe in preserving natural resources, reducing environmental emissions and helping mitigate the effects of climate change in order to protect the environment and its resources for future generations.
We develop, design and maintain landscapes and projects every day – that’s what we do; we are very proud to have this acknowledged through numerous industry awards and long-term partnerships with our clients.
In line with our company strapline, we always focus on Enhancing Your Environment, promoting energy efficient programmes and working in accordance with the principles established in the ISO50001 Energy Management System.
We continually monitor and review our energy objectives and targets to improve energy performance and reduce energy resources used.
We also commit to purchasing energy efficient equipment, products and services.
- Reduce energy wastage
- Reduce environmental damage by sourcing green energy
- Manage our business activities to ensure carbon emissions are reduced to a minimum
- Prioritise renewable energy over fossil fuels
- Ensure all our colleagues embrace our commitment, with ongoing training plans executed and reviewed
- Alignment to ISO50001 efficient energy use
- Investment in company management systems e.g. EcoLive to achieve our goals
- Embrace industry best practice, continuous improvement in all activities
- Transitioning diesel and petrol engines to electric
- Transition to battery powered tools
- Strategic and effective partnerships
- Offsetting carbon footprint by planting trees and hedges
- Sourcing home produced goods from reputable suppliers
- Purchasing sustainably sourced timber
- Supporting environmental charities and good causes nationally and within the communities we work in
- Avoiding single use plastics
- Promoting recycling and re-use of materials
- Committed spend to all activities