At CGM our fully qualified SHEQ Manager can provide ROLO courses for your business.
What is ROLO?
The ROLO Scheme (Register of Land Based Operatives) was introduced to raise the standards of health and safety and reduce the risks and accidents throughout the industry for anyone who works in the land-based Sectors, it also encourages employers to keep a record of workers in the industry who have achieved a recognized level of competence.
The Department of Trade and Industry made it a 'duty of care' that all trade bodies ensure that their members were adequately trained in Health and Safety and that all employers should show that personnel are properly trained. In July 2014 the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) officially recognised BALI's ROLO Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness Course under its UKCG Health and Safety Training Standard.
The ROLO Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness Course is a pre-requisite for anyone applying for a LISS/CSCS (Land based Industry Skills Scheme / Construction Skills Certification Scheme) skills card.
The ROLO Scheme is open to anyone who works in the land-based Industry. This includes labour only, self-employed and employees of companies.
Who does it apply to?
It applies to a wide range of businesses in the following sectors:
- Landscape Construction and Horticultural Landscape Maintenance
- Ecology and Environmental Management
The aims of the scheme are:
- Provide a means of identification
- Keeping a record of workers in the industry who have achieved a recognized level of competence
- Raise the standards of Health and Safety to reduce the risks and accidents throughout the industry
- Encourage employers to use only ROLO card holders who have accredited Health and Safety Training
The benefits of the scheme are:
The ROLO scheme is an individual registration card, and provides the card holder with the following benefits:
- Recognition of skills, competence and qualifications
- Improved health and safety awareness
- Improved employment prospects
- Identification of training needs to improve or add to existing skills
- Improved employment prospects as your prospective employer will be able to see your qualifications on one card
- It may reduce insurance premiums for the self-employed
The ROLO health and safety course is a one day approved health and safety awareness course. The course is required to have been completed less than 2 years before application for a CSCS Blue Card or LISS Card.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for anyone working in the landscape sector including basic operatives, skilled craftsmen, team leaders, charge-hands, foremen and business owners.
- To increase the understanding of health, safety and environmental issues
- To raise awareness of health, safety and environmental roles and responsibilities
- To assist you in achieving ROLO Registration
- To make you aware of some of the hazards and risks you may be exposed to in the workplace.
- Why and how accidents happen
- Core Health and safety and environmental legislation
- Accident and near miss reporting including RIDDOR
- Hazard spotting, including risk assessments and method statements
- Behavioural Safety
- Emergency Preparedness including Fire Safety
- Regulations including working at height; noise; vibration; manual handling; Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER); Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH); electricity; underground and overhead services
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- High risk activities; Lone working
- Environmental protection and awareness
Multi-choice examination with a pass mark above 75%.
£140.00 per person + VAT (subject to minimum numbers and location) including refreshments.
We have a training suite at Reed House, Karoo Close, Bexwell Business Park, Downham Market, PE38 9GA which we use for training groups up to 12 candidates. Alternative training venues can be arranged upon request (subject to minimum numbers and suitable location).
For more information or to book please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 160 1199